30 Clean & Jerk @ 135/95
Hey guys, it’s Calvin here.
I’m not sure how to go about this one. I came across this video the other day. At first I completely dismissed it because the subject matter was so typical and silly that it didn’t warrant my time. However, a fellow CrossFitter of mine told me he had watched it and said it was worth a look. So, I watched it. Needless to say I found it upsetting and although I’m usually very understanding about peoples opinions and like to think I keep an open mind for the most part, I’m going to get a bit personal right now. There were a few things in the video that I have some opinions about.
These are those opinions.
1. This guys is doesn’t actually know anything about CrossFit or what we do. (He specifically says so in the video)
2. You don’t get to tell me that you know for sure that the top CrossFitters are using PED’s when you don’t even know the names of the top contenders. ( See opinion 1)
3. I actually agree that every sport in the world probably has multiple people using illegal substances in order to increase their ability to perform. However those people are always the same no matter what. Folks who will cheat to win. That is an unfortunate aspect to many avenues to our life. People that don’t want to put in the work will find ways around it. Thanks for helping them.
4. Let’s says you’re telling the truth. (You’re not, but let’s make believe.) You don’t get to trash talk the very sport you claim to be destroying. You can’t tell us how weak we are without your services and then ridicule our work ethic and determination to be better athletes. It’s a double standard that cancels your ability to legitimize your argument.
5. Why even open your mouth? If your whole job is to discreetly help athletes get away with cheating why tell us? Why bring attention to it? Because you need money. You are a leech on the world of fitness and you need attention to stay relevant.
6. I don’t like you.
Again, these are my personal opinions and comments. Some may disagree some may agree and I’m ok with either. There will always be trash talkers in the mix. As the great Thomas Jefferson once said: ” Haters gonna hate.” But I encourage you to just watch the clip in some spare time and really listen to it and develop your own opinions and thoughts on it and maybe we can discuss somethings I’m not taking into account or seeing. I love a good conversation.
Have a good one guys!